Situated in the National Capital Region and the apex medical institution of the country, the Department of Psychiatry at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences in New Delhi caters to large, wide ranging population base from the north, and north-western parts of the country.
Previous/ Ongoing Research Collaborations
c-VEDA (Consortium on Vulnerability to Externalizing Disorders & Addictions)
- An ICMR - MRC grant and its main papers
- Comprises of >14.000 participants aged 0-25 years who have been genotyped
- Participants include those with high risk for substance misuse and population-based individuals from different social and environmental (rural and urban) backgrounds.
- NIMHANS Bangalore,
- PGIMER, Chandigarh;
- RIMH, Tezpur,
ADBS (Accelerator Program for Discovery in Brain Disorders using Stem Cells
- Funded by Department of Biotechnology, Government of India
- Study of multiplex families with severe mental illnesses
- Whole exome sequencing for 300 multiplex-affected families and population controls
Wray et al. (2018) in Nature Genetics: Genome-wide association analyses identify 44 risk variants and refine the genetic architecture of major depression. https://www.nature.com/articles/s41588-018-0090-3
Howard et al. (2019) in Nature Neuroscience: Genome-wide meta-analysis of depression identifies 102 independent variants and highlights the importance of the prefrontal brain regions. https://www.nature.com/articles/s41593-018-0326-7